Revenue Department, Govt. of Manipur
Manipur Remote Sensing Applications Centre (MARSAC), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of Manipur
RELEVANCE OF THE ACT :
Manipur conservation of paddy land and wetland Act 2014 is enacted with primary objective to conserve the paddy land and wetland and to restrict the conversion or reclamation in order to promote growth of agricultural sector in the state of Manipur and came into force from 10 Sept 2014. However, there are reports of conversion or reclamation of paddy land in violation of the act and it is felt necessary to take immediate steps to check such conversion or reclamation of paddy land. GIS and Remote Sensing Technology can provide reliable data within reasonable time and help in monitoring the agriculture/wetland areas for every season whether such conversion or reclamation of paddy land/ wet land is violated or not.
To develop a baseline data of agriculture land/ wetland on or before “Manipur conservation of paddy land and wetland Act 2014”.
AREA Cover :
State of Manipur where the Manipur Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act, 1960 is extended.
DATA Used :
- Satellite data: RESOURCESAT-I( LISS-IV)
- Collateral Data: Details Cadastral data.
- Seamless Baseline Satellite Images for Manipur Conservation of paddy land & wet land Act, 2014.
- Superimposed of cadastral data on satellites images.
- Additional relevant outputs can be generated under this project based on search, query and retrieval of geodatabase.
Leave a Reply