HON’BLE GOVERNOR OF MANIPUR
Name : Dr. Syed Ahmed
Father’s Name : Syed Ali Naqi
Date of Birth : 6th March 1945
Educationa Qualification : M.A Lucknow University, Ph.D Bombay University
Language Known : English, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, Persian
Address : 108, Shirin Manzil, St. Mary Road, Mumbai – 400010
Cronology Of Experience:
- AICC Observer for Madhya Pradesh State Parliament Elections from March 2009 to April 2009
- AICC Observer for J & K State Assembly Elections from 19-11-2008 to 12-12-2008
- AICC Observer for Rajasthan Assembly Elections from 12-08-2008 to 18-08-2008 for Ajmer & Nagaur District.
- AICC Observer and In-Charge for Gujarat Assembly Elections from 16-10-2007 to 14-12-2007 for Saurashtra Division.
- Member Central Wakf Council Govt. of India from 2005 till date
- Minister for Housing, Slum Improvement, House Repairs and Reconstruction & Aukaf, Govt. of Maharashtra – 2001 to 2004
- Nominated as the Congress (I) Candidate from 26, Nagpada Constituency during The year 1978, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 1999 & 2004 & 171, Mankhurd Shivaji Nagar for the year 2009 and won in years 1980, 1985, 1990, 1999 & 2004
- Elected as Vice-President, Mumbai Regional Congress Committee in 1995 & 2001
- Minister of State for Energy, Environment, Textiles, Aukaf and prohibition propoganda (1991), Govt. of Maharashtra
- Minister of State for Environment, Housing, Repairs & Reconstructions, Slum Improvement and Aukaf (1986-1988), Govt. of Maharashtra
- Chairman Maharashtra State Haj Committee 2001 to 2006
- Member Central Haj Committee (1985-1988) & 2001 to 2006
- Chairman Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (I) Minority Cell from 1989-1993
- Member, Central Govt. Haj Delegation for Saudi Arabia in 1989 & 1993
- Convenor, Minority Cell Mumbai Regional Congress committee (1), (1978 – 1985)
- Vice-President, All India Muslim Youth Conference (AICC) (1978 -1990)
- AICC Observer for U.P. Elections during 26.03.2007 to 07.05.2007 for Faizabad and Ambedkar Nagar divisons
- Participant for Jammu & Kashmir Elections during 25.08.02 to 27.08.02 & 18.09.02 to 24.09.02
- AICC Observer for U.P. Elections during 03.02.02 to 21.02.02 for Sultanpur, Faizabad and Ambedkar Nagar divisons.
- Actively Participated in Parivartna Yatra from 18.09.01 to 30.09.01 and 11.10.01 to 14.10.01 in Uttar Pradesh
- AICC Observer for M.P. Elections in the year 1992 in Panna district, Madhya Pradesh for 4 Months, till End of Elections and won all the seats in the district.
- Foreign tour to Iran, Syria, Dubai, as A Study Tour from 23.10.02 to 29.10.02 by Central Haj committee
- Visit to Jeddah, Madinah as A Leader of delegation of Central Haj Committee from 12.09.03 to 16.09.03
- Governor of Jharkhand from 4th September, 2011 to 16th May, 2015
- Joined as Governor of Manipur on 16th May, 2015.
President: Maharashtra Welfare Centre – Regd., Mumbai.
President Sabira Naqi Education Society – Regd., U.P.
President: Tameeri Idaara – Regd., U.P.
President: Awadh Cultural Society – Mumbai.
President: Sayed & Sayed Educational Trust – Regd., Mumbai
Patron: Green Mumbai Movement – Regd., Mumbai.
Authored Urdu Books Of Literary & Historical Relevance:
The Revolutionary Character of Urdu Poetry (1857 A.D. to 1947 A.D.)
Collections of Essays on the role of Muslims in Struggle for freedom.
Collections of Essays on the role of Urdu in Struggle for freedom
Auto Biography “Pagdandi Se Shaherah Tak”.
Collection of Speeches “Tahreer Se Tagreer Tak”.