Department matters :
1. Matters relating to technical support & motivational inputs to Sericulturists for Sericulture Development.
2. All Matters relating to :
- Popularization of Sericulture as a means of earning and employment generation.
- Matters relating to Legalization of silk worm egg production e.g. seed quarantine and expansion of Silkworm food plants cultivation.
- Extension programmes for demonstration and manufacturing on Silk Reeling and Spinning & follow up action.
- Production of silk yarn, dress materials & furnishings and Export & import of the same.
- Conservation of Environment with relating Sericulture activities.
- Expansion of Sericulture and its related activities in the State.
3. Matter relating to Central Silk Board for implementation of programmes/Projects for development of Sericulture Industry in the State. Certification of pure silk through SMOI (Silk mark of India) to promote production of pure silk fabrics for foreign exchange earning.